Re: x86 GENERIC kernels unlobotomized

on 09/08/2011 19:18, Marc Balmer wrote:
It's a bit off-topic, but I find the current state of affairs, having an open directory with the modules, the right way. So I can easily add a module to the system module area, without needing to create a tgz file. I think we have more prevalent problems to solve with modules than where to put the modules and in which form. We need to do the work and modularize what is not yet, e.g.

also a bit off-topic:

why is each kernel module in its own (otherwise empty) directory?