Re: ofwboot.xcf, kernel problems with new GCC?

On Fri, 5 Aug 2011, John D. Baker wrote:

The start of the backtrace indicates something with the "ahc" driver.
The machine does have an Adaptec 2930 SCSI card in it.  I'll take it
out and see if the behavior changes.

With the SCSI card removed, (and using the old "ofwboot.xcf") the
GENERIC kernel boots and the machine goes multi-user without a
problem.

It seems to be unable to shutdown or reboot, printing:

syncing disks... done
unmounting file systems...[hung]

This is curiously consistent with what I get with most (but not all)
diskless i386 systems too.