Re: Suspend to RAM on a Thinkpad X41

On Tue, Jul 12, 2011 at 08:44:52PM +0200, Moritz Wilhelmy wrote:
> Please note that I'm not very experienced in debugging these things yet,
> so any help is appreciated.

No one really is. All suspend/resume problems are generally quite difficult
to debug. Often even things like serial console are useless.

> After upgrading my Thinkpad X41 from 5.1 to -current from around
> 2011-07-08, suspend to RAM does not work anymore.

Can you post the dmesg from -current?

> The screen goes black but the machine remains on.

As noted in acpi(4), you could try different values of 'hw.acpi.sleep.vbios',
although this seems more like an issue in the suspend path. A faulty pmf(9)
suspend hook could be the culprit, so you could try disabling as many devices
from userconf(4) as is possible.

> After turning it off via the power button and turning it back on again, it
> behaves as if it had been shut down uncleanly.

This of course is expected.

- Jukka.