Boot failure ?

Hi everyone,

I run -current i386 in Vbox. I updated my sources today and compiled,
then installed the new kernel. I get the following :

"...
root file system type : ffs
exec /sbin/init : error 8
init : trying /sbin/oinit
exec /sbin/oinit : error 2
init : trying /sbin/init.bak
exec /sbin/init.bak : error 2
init path (default /sbin/init) : "

and the system stops responding. With the previous kernel,
compiled July 6th, the system boots and works fine, AFAICS.
If any information is needed, I will be happy to provide it.
This is a GENERIC config with 2 CPUs and the 'standard'
VirtualBox configuration (hardware-wise). The host machine
is running Debian testing amd64. dmesg and lspci -vv will
be provided if needed.

Thanks,
--
Rares Aioanei