Re: 5.99.52 -> 5.99.53: prepare for recompilation

On Thu, Jun 16, 2011 at 06:25:16PM +0200, Thomas Klausner wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Just to let you know: when you upgrade from 5.99.52 to 5.99.53, expect
> to recompile a few openssl-using programs, some will stop working due
> to an openssl symbol check; I noticed it with subversion.

We have to bump the major numbers on OpenSSL's libraries and their
dependencies when they (OpenSSL) do this.  I've missed it at least once
myself.  It really is necessary despite the thrash it causes at build
time.

--
Thor Lancelot Simon                                    tls%panix.com@localhost
  "All of my opinions are consistent, but I cannot present them all