Re: acpicpu: failed to set frequency

On 05.05.11 08:13, Jukka Ruohonen wrote:
> On Thu, May 05, 2011 at 08:02:44AM +0200, Christoph Egger wrote:
>> Yes, that fixes it.
>
> Can you do some empirical validation also? In other words, for instance, set
> the minimum and the maximum frequency, unplug the AC adapter and observe the
> power consumption via acpibat(4), and/or run openssl's speed test.

I did with pkgsrc and compared the relation of cpu frequency
(2.2GHz / 800MHz) with compile speed (-j4 on dual core) and
cpu temperature.

The results are as expected:

high cpu frequency is high compile speed and
high cpu temperature (60-70 C degree)
low cpu frequency is low compile speed and
low cpu temperature (50 C degree)

both cpus idle results in about 40 C degree cpu temperature

Christoph