Re: Another build break on amd64 - gdtoa

On Sat, 19 Mar 2011, Christos Zoulas wrote:
| /test-bed/src/lib/libc/gdtoa/printf.c0(235): warning: conversi | on from 'long' to 'int' may lose accuracy [132]

I imported, have not merged... How can this be visible?

That's how the magic vendor branch 1.1.1 works in CVS. The version that's visible in HEAD magically tracks the latest version in the vendor branch, until something happens to make them diverge. If a file has been imported one or more times, and has never been explicitly modified in HEAD, then there will be be one or more versions 1.1.1.x, but there will be no version 1.2, and HEAD will automatically follow a new import, even before you merge.

I can imagine situations where this may be appropriate, but I can't imagine why it's the default. I don't know a way of turning off the unwanted magical behaviour for branch 1.1.1, but I do know a workaround: use 1.1.3 instead of 1.1.1 for the vendor branch. Once the problem bites you, it may be possible to recover using "cvs admin -b1" to set the default branch away from 1.1.1, but I have never tried that; I suggest simply getting the merge done ASAP.

--apb (Alan Barrett)