Re: i386/amd64 install CD suddenly much less robust

On Thu, Mar 17, 2011 at 09:31:29AM +0100, Martin Husemann wrote:

> The change in question makes the install script start over from scratch, so
> you get another chance to type the correct name. I don't realy think ^C as
> a shortcut for "Utils/Run /bin/sh" is that big a loss, but it would be
> easy to select the restart behaviour on error status, if needed.

Just drop to a shell script that asks whether you want to rerun sysinst
or exit to an interactive shell.

> For ^Z I guess the easiest (while still user friendly way) would be to have
> sysinst install a handler, clear the screen, print some help text, and run
> /bin/sh - but that still is slightly different to what you (as expert user)
> expect from SIGSTOP.

Why doesn't ^Z work?
Presumably it is something to do with running from a non-interactive
shell script??
The advantage of suspend is that you get saved state (etc).
Thinks... how to get a shell loop and ^Z working ...

        David

--
David Laight: david%l8s.co.uk@localhost