Re: panic: wapbl_register_deallocation: out of resources

On Fri Feb 18 2011 at 13:32:23 +0200, Andreas Gustafsson wrote:
> Antti Kantee wrote:
> > Thanks, I've been looking at this myself and waiting for a "build
> > works" window to check it out in more detail.  One of the problems
> > is that the automated report is vastly less helpful than the panic
> > message you indicate above.
>
> The panic message is actually there in the install log, but it's
> at the end of a very long line, so it's difficult to spot - if you
> are looking at it in a web browser, you will need to scroll the
> window horizontally quite a bit.

Ah, indeed it is.  Thanks for the tip!

> >     buffer (last 100 chars): s 246 cr2 c4a60000 ilevel 0
> >     Stopped in pid 3050.1 (tar) at  0xc0248704:     popl    %ebp
> >     db{0}>
> >
> > Is this because stack traces are broken in ddb?
>
> Not as such - I don't think anything is even trying to display a stack
> trace at the moment.  David Holland suggested making anita recognize a
> ddb prompt and send a "trace" command in response, but I haven't had
> time to implement that.  Or maybe we should just make ddb
> automatically print a stack trace in case of a panic?  That would
> benefit everyone who has an effectively read-only console, not just
> anita users.

Yes, I agree than an automatic trace + register dump on panic would be
a smart move, especially given that we reboot by default now.
(I often forget to set ddb.onpanic in a fresh installation and have to
run the boot-test-panic cycle twice as a result ...)

--
älä karot toivorikkauttas, kyl rätei ja lumpui piisaa