Re: bug in libtre (regexp library) [was Re: sed broken]

On Sun, Feb 13, 2011 at 01:29:08AM +0100, Pouya D. Tafti wrote:
> After puzzling on this for quite some time, it eventually dawned on me
> that I had enabled the TRE regexp library in mk.conf by adding to it
> the line
>
>     USE_LIBTRE=yes
>
> Rebuilding libc without libtre appears to have resolved the issue.

It isn't 100% clear to me that the solitary * in s/*/-/g isn't an
illegal regexp! Or does the standard explicitly say that a leading *
doesn't have a special meaning. The repexp would be safer as s/\*/-/
(with appropriate quoting).

        David

--
David Laight: david%l8s.co.uk@localhost