Re: uvideo(4) regression

On Wed, 2011-01-26 at 09:53 +0100, Christoph Egger wrote:
> Hi!
>
> uvideo(4) in -current doesn't work with my webcam.
> (Last time I tried with NetBSD 5.99.2 it worked)
> I just get a garbage with mplayer.

> v4l2: ioctl streamon failed: Cannot allocate memory

There's an existing problem that can cause this - currently usb_allocmem
and friends will only allocate memory as one contiguous block. In your
example uvideo will have tried to allocate three 600kb buffers, which
won't succeed if memory is very fragmented.

The ehci driver should cope just fine with non-contiguous buffers, but
usb_mem needs to support allocating them.

--
Thanks,
Jeremy