Re: 5.1 broke my X (from base)

I am also having a problem with X and 5.1 despite following the quoted UPDATE instructions. Kernel is amd64 GENERIC.

Graphics card is nVidia G71GL [Quadro FX 3500]

Xorg -configure returns "No devices to configure" and the log file shows:

(II) Loading /usr/X11R7/lib/modules/drivers//nv_drv.so
(II) Module nv: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
        Module class: X.Org Video Driver
        ABI class: X.Org Video Driver, version 5.0

(II) Primary Device is: PCI 07@07:01:0
(WW) Falling back to old probe method for apm
(WW) Falling back to old probe method for ark
(WW) Falling back to old probe method for ast
(WW) Falling back to old probe method for cirrus
(II) Loading sub module "cirrus_laguna"
(II) LoadModule: "cirrus_laguna"
(II) Loading /usr/X11R7/lib/modules/drivers//cirrus_laguna.so
(II) Module cirrus_laguna: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
        ABI class: X.Org Video Driver, version 5.0
(II) Loading sub module "cirrus_alpine"
(II) LoadModule: "cirrus_alpine"
(II) Loading /usr/X11R7/lib/modules/drivers//cirrus_alpine.so
(II) Module cirrus_alpine: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
        ABI class: X.Org Video Driver, version 5.0
(WW) Falling back to old probe method for glint
(WW) Falling back to old probe method for i128
(WW) Falling back to old probe method for i740
(WW) Falling back to old probe method for s3
(WW) Falling back to old probe method for neomagic
(WW) Falling back to old probe method for s3virge
(WW) Falling back to old probe method for sis
(WW) Falling back to old probe method for tga
(WW) Falling back to old probe method for trident
(WW) Falling back to old probe method for siliconmotion
(WW) Falling back to old probe method for tseng
(WW) Falling back to old probe method for wsfb
(WW) Falling back to old probe method for vesa
No devices to configure.  Configuration failed.

It works fine with 5.02.