Re: cannot dlopen non-loadable /usr/lib/libpthread.so.1

On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 11:05:58PM +0100, Thomas Klausner wrote:
> I've just seen this for the first time when starting fbreader.

> Cannot dlopen non-loadable /usr/lib/libpthread.so.1
>
> Does this ring a bell with anyone?

ld.elf_so recently got a new feature to check for this. If a program
wants to dlopen a module that needs libpthread, the main program must be
linked against as well. Variant I: zlui-gtk.so doesn't actually need
libpthread.so, because the pthread stubs in libc are good enough.
Variant II: link the main program against libpthread.

Note: the problem this check is for is not new and applies to all NetBSD
releases (and most other systems).

Joerg