Re: raidframe in netbsd-5?

On 1/13/11 6:11 AM, Greg Troxel wrote:
Sorry if I haven't been paying enough attention, but:

A while ago I saw mail that there was some bug in netbsd-5 that caused
raidframe autoconfig to fail, rendering systems with root on raid0a on a
RAID-1 set (for example) to fail, but I didn't really follow what was
going on.

Was this true, is it fixed, and when?

There was a period of time when certain older raid sets would not come up properly in 5.1_STABLE, but that was addressed a week or two ago. 5.1 (release) should be fine, and the most recent snapshots on the netbsd-5 branch should be OK as well. Note that the problems should not have caused data loss - merely an inability to use the raid sets.

+j