Re: Which password cipher ?

    Date:        Wed, 1 Dec 2010 09:42:17 +0000
    From:        Julio Merino <jmmv%NetBSD.org@localhost>

  | Which makes me wonder... why do we even *ask* people to choose a
  | cypher algorithm during install?  Couldn't we, as the developers of
  | the system, make a good choice for our users (and let them change it
  | after installation if they so wish, just as they can with everything
  | else)?  (It just feels stupid that we have a question in sysinst for
  | something as trivial as this but we don't have a way to select, e.g.
  | which services to enable.)

It is (of course) because we really want sysinst to encourage setting a
root password, and we need to know which cipher to use to set that one with,
before it is set.   Nothing sysinst does inhibits in any way enabling
the various services, but setting a root password with the "wrong" cipher
would be annoying.

kre