Re: About that horrible polluting mDNS stuff?

On Mon, Nov 29, 2010 at 4:11 PM, Christos Zoulas
<christos%astron.com@localhost> wrote:
> In article <alpine.NEB.2.00.1011291851330.29554%galant.ukfsn.org@localhost>,
> Iain Hibbert  <plunky%rya-online.net@localhost> wrote:
>>On Mon, 29 Nov 2010, Robert Elz wrote:
>>
>>> The hysteria all this has generated has been truly amazing.  Next time,
>>> someone please just go read the source.   That's why we have it.  It
>>> isn't a difficult task.
>>
>>Just as an aside, reading the source should not be required to understand
>>configuration options.. Thats why we have manpages.
>
> This is a joke, right? Because we used to have man pages for ntp until
> it was decided that html was the way to go.
I think it's a matter of preferences, sometimes source is better
because its more direct,
man pages of descriptions are sometimes just more confusing than code
itself, but
usually man pages are shorter, so there is less to dig through, it
just depends on the issue.

~fire crow

--
+