Re: Problems

On Apr 12,  9:42am, Donald Allen wrote:
}
} I am attempting to install the 5.1 release on an old Thinkpad 600x,
} using boot.iso. When I booted from the CD, I happened to have a 3com
} (Atheros-based) wireless card in a pcmcia slot, hoping to use it for a
} network install. As the install kernel was booting:
}
} ath0 at cardburst function0
} uvm_fault(0xc0b82a00,0,1)->0xe
} uvm_fault(0xc0b82a00,0,1)->0xe
} fatal page fault in supervisor mode
}
} If I remove the card, the install kernel boots. If I insert the card
} while it is running, I get the same crash.

     Can you post your dmesg, please?  Some older Thinkpads didn't
correctly initialise the cardbus bridge.  The result is that cardbus
cards would use the same bus number as the internal PCI bus.  This is
to uncomment

#options       PCI_BUS_FIXUP

in your kernel config and rebuild your kernel.

}-- End of excerpt from Donald Allen