Re: ld.elf_so sources [was Re: HEADS-UP: temporary security problem in today's NetBSD-current]

On Mon, Nov 15, 2010 at 09:09:35AM -0600, David Young wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 15, 2010 at 12:31:20AM -0800, John Nemeth wrote:
> > On Apr 7,  2:09am, Nick Hudson wrote:
> > } Should someone(tm) move the stuff to src/common so that people don't keep
> > } falling over this?
> >
> >      No. 1) src/common is for stuff shared between the kernel and
> > userland.  2) src/common is slated to be removed.
>
> Slated to be removed?

Where exactly was this discussed and announced?

What exactly will replace src/common, when, and how exactly will it work?

If this is actually so, I would just like to point out that this sort of
structural change is a huge nuisance for users of NetBSD who have large
source trees including NetBSD and also locally added files, where they
have tried to follow the current organization of the NetBSD tree when
making local additions.

Thor