Permission issue after system restore

Hi,

after restoring my system after file system crash I have one issue remaining
which I can't (lack of knowledge) fix on my own:

> /etc/rc.d/postfix start
> postsuper: fatal: scan_dir_push: open directory defer: Permission denied
> postfix/postfix-script: fatal: Postfix integrity check failed!

Same issue (assumed):

> $ passwd
> Changing password for sno.
> passwd: unable to start PAM session: system error

I remember that there're several mtree* files installed every
sysinstall/etcupdate
and they shall ensure correct file ownership and permissions. Are they executed
by postinstall(8) or do I have to apply those ownership/permissions separately
or do I mix something what does not concern each other?

Best regards and thanks in advance,
Jens