Re: pthread_mutexattr_setpshared()

On Thursday 21 October 2010 19:42:52 Luke Mewburn wrote:
> I think that you're supposed to be able to use
> _POSIX_THREAD_PROCESS_SHARED from <unistd.h> or from the CLI, getconf
> _POSIX_THREAD_PROCESS_SHARED.
>
> However, certain platforms such as Mac OS X return a value for this
> but don't actually implement the feature.
>
> I have some autoconf tests which can detect if PTHREAD_PROCESS_SHARED
> is available and functional, if you're interested.

I'd have to convert it to cmake, and the code fragment I posted in the the
original message suggests they are already (attempting to) deal with Mac OS
X so I'll just wrap the call in #ifdef _POSIX_THREAD_PROCESS_SHARED.  I'm
pretty sure the execution never gets near this bit of code in the non
shared case.

cheers
mark