Re: Strange system behavior

On Tue, 21 Sep 2010 17:35:33 -0700 (PDT) Paul Goyette
<paul%whooppee.com@localhost> wrote:
> On Mon, 20 Sep 2010, Paul Goyette wrote:
>
> > I have a new machine in my farm, and it is exhibiting some very
> > strange behavior.
>
> Just to summarize, I think I've ruled out memory, having swapped
> memory without changing the symptoms.

You haven't really. The memory controller, power to the memory,
cache, etc., are still the same. I strongly urge running memtest for
a day. I have found the answer to many a mysterious failure this way.
It is trivial to run it, especially with the pkgsrc version.

Perry
--
Perry E. Metzger                perry%piermont.com@localhost