Re: NetBSD 5.1 RC3 in production

Robert Elz wrote:
    Date:        Sat, 18 Sep 2010 11:49:31 -0500
    From:        Francisco Valladolid <ficovh%gmail.com@localhost>

  | Anyone using 5.1 RC3 in production environment ?

munnari.oz.au is 5.1 RC3 at the minute (it will get an RC4 kernel as
soon as I get around to installing it).

I'm not all that happy with it, and might go back to its old NetBSD 4
based system which was as stable as I could imagine (it only went down
for power failures longer than the UPS can handle, and broken disks...)

The 5 system has been crashing from time to time (leaving no hint in the
messages file about what happened - and it is never when I am there to
see it ..., it just reboots) and I have had to reboot it once to clean
out processes hung with whatever it is causes the tstile hangs.

kre

FIY, I've seen this behaviour with a (old: NetBSD 5.99.25) -current system running xen.. usually up for about 60 days, then reboots. Nothing in the logs.