Re: Hardware checksums on bge(4) interfaces

On 09/14/2010 01:04 PM, Matthias Scheler wrote:
On Mon, Sep 13, 2010 at 12:34:59PM -0400, Chris Ross wrote:
   Just a question.  Is there any reason *not* to use the various pieces
of hardware checksumming that are shown as available on my bge(4)
interfaces?
Yes, please see PR kern/40018 (http://gnats.netbsd.org/40018).

Thanks for that link. Someone else mentioned that specific problem. Looking at that PR, however, it's still not clear if this affects bge(4) hardware in general (in which case, it should not be offered by the driver), or only specific revisions of bge(4) hardware.

Does anyone have any knowledge of how to look into this? Does broadcom publish any sort of errata for revisions of their various ethernet parts?

                                                          - Chris

ps,
and on a related (for me) note, if I want these features on for devices that are part of an agr(4), should I put them on the devices before adding them to the agr(4), enable these options on the agr(4), or both?