Re: Using coccinelle for (quick?) syntax fixing

On Tue, Aug 10, 2010 at 07:40:38PM +0200, Jean-Yves Migeon wrote:

> On Tue, 10 Aug 2010 12:11:32 -0500, Eric Haszlakiewicz
> <erh%nimenees.com@localhost>
> wrote:
> > On Mon, Aug 09, 2010 at 10:49:05PM +0200, Jean-Yves Migeon wrote:
> >> Note also that I applied the spatch against sys/; the rest of src could
> >> get a scan. But I would prefer to look for other static analyzers
> first,
> >> perhaps there are more suitable (and faster) ones.
> >
> > If you're talking about static analyzers, wouldn't coverity count?
>
> Yes
>
> $ cd /usr/pkgsrc/*/coverity/
> ksh: cd: /usr/pkgsrc/*/coverity - No such file or directory
>
> :(

It wouldn't do you any good even if it was there: if you're going to run
it yourself you need to buy a license.  Even if you could run it yourself
you wouldn't have the benefit of using the existing, pre-classified list
of defects on coverity's site.

eric