Re: msk dhcpcd tcpdump problem

On Fri, 2010-07-30 at 10:27 -0500, David Young wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 30, 2010 at 03:51:26PM +0200, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
> > One improvement could be to not drop the old IP address before we got
> > a new lease when the link goes down/up quickly.
>
> Or even when the link goes down/up slowly.
>
> In my experience, it's usually more harmful for a mobile host to drop
> addresses, routes, and sessions quickly than to hang onto them until
> after better information arrives.

I now have a patch to enable this, but it lacks the needed ARP announce
check. Anyway, some questions have arisen :)

1) When carrier drops, should we keep configuration file entries such as
ones in resolv.conf, ntp.conf et all?

2) Does anyone know of some toggle in Linux to stop the kernel dropping
all associated routes with the IP on the interface when carrier drops/if
down?

Thanks

Roy