Re: msk dhcpcd tcpdump problem

On Fri, 2010-07-30 at 15:51 +0200, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
> One improvement could be to not drop the old IP address before we got
> a new lease when the link goes down/up quickly.

What would happen if an ethernet cable is swapped very quickly and the
old address conflicts with another node on the new network?

I suppose we could keep the address and when the link comes up
immediately attempt a rebind AND defend it like an IPv4LL address. We
would defend it because some DHCP servers could remain silent due to
their configuration and we need to invalidate it ASAP.

If someone files a PR - or better yet a ticket at
http://roy.marples.name/projects/dhcpcd/newticket then I won't forget to
look into improving this.

Probably after I finish adding some IPv6 solicitation support into
dhcpcd though.

Thanks

Roy