Re: msk dhcpcd tcpdump problem

On Fri, Jul 30, 2010 at 12:33:00PM +0000, Quentin Garnier wrote:
> I would setting promiscuous mode on the interface somehow notifies
> userland and dhcpcd retries getting an address.  Can't say if it is a
> bug or not that dhcpcd renews its lease, but it might be the driver that
> is at fault there.
>
> Try using adding -p to the list of options of tcpdump, if you can afford
> it.

Indeed - no problem with -p. (So now, why can dhclient cope with promiscous
mode?)

Just checked again:

  dhcpd msk0
  tcpdump with -p, all OK.
  tcpdump without -p, no good.
  dhcpcd -k msk0
  dhclient msk0
  tcpdump without -p, all OK (ifconfig shows PROMISC set)

Now back to why nfs clients seem to get stuck in nfsrcv...

Cheers,

Patrick