Re: dhcpcd vs dhclient

On Jul 29, 2010, at 9:28 PM, matthew sporleder wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 29, 2010 at 9:07 PM, Chris Ross
> <cross+netbsd%distal.com@localhost> wrote:
>>  On my 5.99.36 i386 machine from mid-July, it seems highly unreliable.  More
>> often than not it fails to get an address, and seems to not be running by
>> the time the machine gets to multi-user, without having logged anything.
>
> Add the following dhcpcd options;
> -b -t 0

  I had tried adding -w, to avoid an error I was getting from ntp later in the
boot.  As there are other things in the boot process that need network
connectivity, it seems like -b would be the opposite of what I want.

  I can see now that I'm getting the same failure of ntpdate.  If -b is
required to make dhcpcd work, but I need -w to make the rest of the boot
process work, there seems to be an impass.

  Why had you suggested -b -t 0?

        - Chris