Re: tmpfs sizing problems (i386, 4GB mem)

On Jul 29, 2010, at 8:55 PM, Chris Ross wrote:
> I'm still seeing the problem.  My tmpfs, which is configured in fstab as
> follows:
>
> tmpfs           /tmp            tmpfs   rw,-s=600m
>
>  Is, currently, shown with df -k:
>
> Filesystem   1K-blocks       Used      Avail %Cap Mounted on
> tmpfs            163580          4     163576   0% /tmp
>
>  I don't know if it was this small when I booted, but after a build.sh -j 5
> ran out of space in /tmp, this is what I see.

  So, to answer that question, it's not consistent.  I don't [yet] know if it
changes with usage, or is unpredictable, but after rebooting the machine with
the same kernel and userland (5.99.36, July 16), df -k shows:

tmpfs            529872          4     529868   0% /tmp

  (*shrug*)  I'll try a build, perhaps with a lower (or none) -j setting, and
see if I can get up to current -current, just to make sure, but.

  Thanks.  Any ideas welcomed.

                                    - Chris