Re: iwn, wpa_supplicant, and wpa2 enterprise

On 5 June 2010 18:24, Pouya D. Tafti <p%san-serriffe.org@localhost> wrote:
> On 4 June 2010 23:26, Sverre Froyen <sverre%viewmark.com@localhost> wrote:
[...]
>> With this modification my laptop boots fine. It would be good if Pouya could
>> test the patch on his system.
>
> Sorry about my delay in responding. ÂWith your new patch, if I enable
> wpa_supplicant in rc.conf I still see the same behaviour as before
> (that is, a fatal firmware error and a uvm_fault in wpa_supplicant
> that drops in ddb), plus I saw the following two lines just before the
> uvm_fault at least once:
>
> iwn0: could not load firmware .text extension
> iwn0: could not load firmware
>
> Here is the stack trace:
>
> kern_free() at netbsd:kern_free+0x2d
> iwn_init() Âat netbsd:iwn_init+0x47a
> iwn_ioctl() at netbsd:iwn_ioctl+0xf9
> ifioctl() at netbsd:ifioctl()+0x1e4
> soo_ioctl() at netbsd:soo_ioctl+0x2a5
> sys_ioctl() at netbsd:sys_ioctl+0xe9
> syscall() at netbsd:syscall+0xaa
>
> Pouya
>
> P.S. Since dhcpcd was mentioned, I should perhaps note that I am using
> dhclient and not dhcpcd (I'm ignorant about the relative advantages of
> each client). ÂThe uvm_fault, however, precedes the execution of
> dhclient.

I could be wrong, but my impression is that since applying the patch
wpa_supplicant is taking longer to associate with my WPA2 network at
home (that it is taking longer is a fact but I don't know if it is due
to the patch or some other factor).

Pouya