Re: recommended video card?

On Mon 07 Jun 2010 at 12:20:51 PM -0400, Greg Troxel wrote:

>  any recommendations for a video card?  I'd want it to plug in to a
>  recent motherboard, and to work well with the xorg drivers in the
>  netbsd-5 base system.  I don't care about 3D etc. - this is for
>  xterm/emacs plus gnome but for writing code not gaming.  I also don't
>  care that much how much it costs if it will be grief-free, assuming
>  it's under $300.

I hear you. Finding compatible hardware is bad.

I wish more people would use it but I've not
uploaded anything myself in quite a while; NYCBUG
has what they call a dmesgd, a dmesg database and
query interface for *BSD on *Hardware.

http://www.nycbug.org/index.php?NAV=dmesgd;SQLIMIT=20

Now days video is on board, but I still check for
video cards when I see a junked PC.  And since your
needs, maybe easiest to buy up the old cards from a
used/repair PC shop.