Re: iwn, wpa_supplicant, and wpa2 enterprise

On 06/04/10 02:54, Sverre Froyen wrote:
I see a "iwn0: cannot assign link-local address" message on the console, which
could be from a dhcpcd triggered iwn_ioctl call that fails because of the rev
1.94 change, thereby causing a dhcpcd failure.

That's not a dhcpcd message. Probably refers to the link-local IPv6 address.

If, this is correct, delaying the call to dhcpcd until the interface is
associated would be a fix. Perhaps wpa_supplicant could sprout an option not to
return until that is the case :-)

dhcpcd listens to kernel events on the interface.
So wireless drivers need to sprout another status to report link status

INACTIVE / (ASSOCIATED) / ACTIVE (ASSOCIATED + ENCRYPTION WORKING)

Currently they all report ACTIVE when they have associated, regardless if encryption/decryption works or not. At least, I think that's the case - someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Anyway, it won't stop dhcpcd from working - it just delays address acquisition a small bit.

Thanks

Roy