Re: failing regression tests (please fix them!)

On Wed, 2 Jun 2010, Andreas Gustafsson wrote:

> Iain Hibbert wrote:
> > On Wed, 2 Jun 2010, Antti Kantee wrote:
> >
> > > lib/libevent/t_event:kqueue,
> > > lib/libevent/t_event:poll,
> > > lib/libevent/t_event:select,
>
>    tc-so:Simple DNS resolve: [Timed out] FAILED
>    tc-end: kqueue, failed, check report
>
>    tc-so:Simple DNS resolve: [Timed out] FAILED
>    tc-end: poll, failed, check report
>
>    tc-so:Simple DNS resolve: [Timed out] FAILED
>    tc-end: select, failed, check report
>
> The virtual machine used for the automated test runs does not have
> Internet connectivity - perhaps that explains the failure?

I think so. Looking at the test code, there is no way to turn that off for
machines that don't have connectivity so perhaps I should just #if 0 out
the DNS tests in the source file?

The latest libevent tests seem to be more complex and may have a way to
disable specific tests but I don't have time to investigate that at this
time..

iain