Re: cron is now using some mystery timezone for me.

On May 17, 2010, at 17:05, Thomas Klausner wrote:
On Mon, May 17, 2010 at 01:52:17PM -0700, Scott Ellis wrote:
intrepid{~}% crontab -e
You `scotte' are not allowed to use this program `crontab'
See crontab(1) for more information

Not even sure where to start looking...maybe this is fallout from the CDB integration (maybe missing something related to the passwd/login/ group
dbs)?

I reported this problem a few days ago on current-users, and christos
said I hit a bad time during the update and the problem was already
fixed. I haven't had a chance to try a newer snapshot yet to verify
this.

I updated an i386 machine to -current a couple of times within the last month, and the prior update was with May 6 code. I've been getting that machines /etc/daily runs at post 7am, vs the scheduled port 3am. I must admit I'd assumed it was some purposeful scheduling change and hadn't thought to look at the crontab, but no, it's still scheduled for 3:15am.

I'm EST/EDT on this machine (US/Eastern zoneinfo), and this has been going on for at least two weeks. I just last night updated to a more current -current (early AM May 17) and will see tonight/tomorrow where it fires...

          - Chris