Re: Problems updating to new libc on pmax

On Tue, Apr 27, 2010 at 09:26:49PM +0200, Erik Bertelsen wrote:
> 2010/4/27 Matthias Drochner <M.Drochner%fz-juelich.de@localhost>:
> > bertelsen.erik%gmail.com@localhost said:
> >> [1] ? Segmentation fault (core dumped) cat >&2 <<...
> >
> > can you make sense of the core dumps?
>
> not really, the following is from the core file whose ktrace is in my
> previous mail:

> warning: Can't read pathname for load map: Input/output error.
> Core was generated by `ls'.
> #0  0x7deff8b4 in __rpc_nconf2sockinfo () from /lib/libc.so.12
> (gdb) bt
> #0  0x7deff8b4 in __rpc_nconf2sockinfo () from /lib/libc.so.12
> #1  0x00000000 in ?? ()

You probably need to get gdb to load the broken lib to get a reasonable
stack trace.  e.g. assuming that you've got the broken library in /broken,
something like this might work:
gdb
set solib-search-path /broken
file ls
core ls.core

Or you might need to make a whole copy of /lib and use solib-absolute-prefix.
(I haven't actually tried this on netbsd, and gdb isn't consistent across
 different OSes wrt how these settings work)

eric