Re: Today's -current no longer boots on my amd64 machine

On 19 Apr 2010, at 19:48 , Jean-Yves Migeon wrote:

> So right after it jumps inside cpu_hatch() when starting secondary CPUs I
> guess.

That one didn't help either.  Since the machine I was having
trouble with was at work and I'm now at home, however, I did
discover that the problem isn't specific to that machine at
work; the machines at home (Core 2 Quad and Core 2 Duo, maybe?)
have the same issue, not fixed by backing out of that.

> or if you like it in a more violent way, the whole NX fix:
> http://mail-index.netbsd.org/source-changes/2010/04/18/msg008972.html for
> now.
>
> I'll have a look at it later today.

I'm not in a hurry, I'll wait.  I was mostly worried this was
a problem with only particular machines and that you wouldn't
be able to reproduce it, but it now seems like booting a kernel
on any real machine (the ones I have, anyway) will do it so
reproducing it shouldn't be a problem.

Dennis Ferguson