Re: Intel Centrino 6300 Ultimate-N adapter

On Wed April 7 2010 09:50:33 B Harder wrote:
> Hi.
>
> We're missing pcidevs + driver entries for the Intel Centrino 6300
> Ultimate-N 802.11 adapater (Vendor 0x8086, Device 0x4238). Is this
> ommission deliberate at this point, or can I safely update pcidevs +
> iwn(4) to try to get this working on my Thinkpad t410 (amd64
> -current)? This driver -does- require a firmware load; it appears Open
> + FreeBSD are associating it w/ the above driver currently, though.

This device is in the OpenBSD iwn driver as

PCI_VENDOR_INTEL PCI_PRODUCT_INTEL_WIFI_LINK_6000_3X3_2

It was added after the NetBSD current driver was ported so I am guessing it
would not work. I have been working on a more recent port that I could send
you to test. You would need to add the pcidevs entry and uncomment the proper
line in the driver. You would also need to get the firmware.

Regards,
Sverre