Re: Setting up dhclient

On Mar 29, 2010, at 3:40 AM, Roy Marples wrote:

> On Sun, 2010-03-28 at 18:51 -0700, Paul Goyette wrote:
>> And I just noticed that it seems to be ignoring my "deny interfaces
>> rtk0" in my /etc/dhcpcd.conf file!
>
> It's denyinterfaces, no space.
>
>>  I even have static info configured
>> for rtk0, and it just adds the leased address as an alias!  I really
>> want it to completely hands-off WRT rtk0!  (The static info is needed
>> because otherwise it seems to clobber my static resolve.conf file, and
>> I'm really not up to learning yet ANOTHER bloody utility - at least not
>> today!)
>
> If you're running a DHCP client, surely you want it to manage
> resolv.conf as well? Or at least, merge info it from differently
> configured interfaces. dhcpcd can do this as well, simply add the static
> info for rtk0 to dhcpcd.conf

Actually, not necessarily.  I run named on my laptop, to deal
with programs like firefox that read resolv.conf only at startup.
To be sure, sometimes I use a dhclient hook to use the learned
information -- but to write it to named.conf as forwarding addresses,
not to resolv.conf -- that points to 127.0.0.1.