Re: TEMPer and TEMPerHUM usb thermometer driver

Hi,

> http://www.mail-archive.com/misc%openbsd.org@localhost/msg84028.html

Hmm, it makes some sense.  In order not to attach the eeprom device, it
seems that we would need to check the length of hid_feature in the match
routine, which doesn't seem to be really correct.

The reason that my TEMperHUM doesn't attach is that we check for:

  0x57, 0x5a, 0x13, 0x00, 0x14, 0x00, 0x53, 0x00

and mine returns:

  0x57, 0x5a, 0x14, 0x00, 0x14, 0x00, 0x53, 0x00

I wonder if we should expand our check to compare the 2nd and 3rd bytes
against an array of values with the other bytes as constants, or just
add extra strings as we find them.  It might also be useful to print out
the hex string when the match fails.

I see that there a some other drivers:

  http://github.com/ezrec/usense/tree/v1.2
  http://sourceforge.net/projects/utac/

so I will check their algorithms for calculating temperature and humidity
against ours (unless someone beats me to it).

Thanks,

  My other computer also runs NetBSD    /        Sailing at Newbiggin
        http://www.netbsd.org/        /   http://www.newbigginsailingclub.org/