How often is in-tree Xorg updated?

How often is in-tree Xorg updated from upstream?

I'm asking this because I find that on my new laptop, on which I had
installed a amd64 5.0.1 system, I get much better results from X
(working cursor, font rendering, acceleration and DRI!) if I drop in a
more or less -current kernel, and a xf86-video-intel X server from
pkgsrc-2009Q4. But I'd prefer to run an in-tree X server, so knowing
when this will be possible again.

As a side-note, I noticed that building xf86-video-intel builds a whole
bunch of seemingly unrelated junk^H^H^H^Hstuff, including libXaw! Athena
Widgets are most certainly a client-side thing, why in the world would
an X server need them? And yet

    $ pkg_info libXaw
    Information for libXaw-1.0.6:

    Comment:
    X Athena Widgets Library from modular Xorg X11

    Requires:
    libICE>=0.99.1
    libSM>=0.99.2
    libX11>=1.1
    libXext>=0.99.0
    libXmu>=1.0.0
    libXt>=1.0.0
    libXpm>=3.5.4.2

    Required by:
    modular-xorg-server-1.6.5nb1

    Xaw is the X Athena Widget Set. Xaw is a widget set based on the
    X Toolkit Intrinsics (Xt) Library.

    This libXaw is from the modular Xorg X11.

    Homepage:
    http://xorg.freedesktop.org/

In fact, none of the executables seem to link to Xaw, not even Xnest, as
shown by ldd.  So one would think that at least this particular
dependency can be removed.

-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert    -- You author it, and I'll reader it.
\X/ rhialto/at/xs4all.nl      -- Cetero censeo "authored" delendum esse.