Re: Trackpoint in the Thinkpad notebook

I own a T42.
I noticed the same problem. At first I thought it was not supported,
than I saw my little daughter using it.
When I restart the X server, it never works.
Sometimes it does not work until the next reboot.
I have never found a rationale or a system message.
I also diffed dmesg when trackpoint working and dmesg
when not working. Nothing.
Fulvio