Re: iSCSI

On Thu, 18 Feb 2010, Martti Kuparinen wrote:
I need to setup iSCSI target and I was wondering how good/stable/complete/fast the iSCSI support is in NetBSD 5.99.x. All comments are welcome, especially if you use it with VMware ESXi 4.0.

In-tree iscsi target is fast and stable, but low on features. I've used it as a backend for a Xen farm. However, adding a LUN requires a restart of the daemon which causes havoc. I've also found it to not work with a Linux initiator (or more specifically XenServer).

That's why I imported net/istgt which is used in FreeNAS and looks, on the basis of my initial experiments, to be ideal.

--
Stephen