Re: pax: Ustar MTIME header field is too small

On Wed, Feb 17, 2010 at 02:37:56PM -0500, Geoff Adams wrote:
> So, our pax supports reading the extended attributes, but refuses to
> produce them. The version from pkgsrc (which I assume would be as
> up-to-date as the latest -current) behaves identically. Is this a known
> behavior? Should I look into adding support? (I haven't really cracked
> the code open, yet.) As a quick solution to my immediate need, should
> I just look into finding and building some third-party pax?

pax essentially doesn't support anything beyond ustar. It has very
ad-hoc support for long symlinks, but that's about it. If you don't
exactly need pax, you can use bsdtar. It is in pkgsrc and can be built
from src/external/libarchive/bin/tar.

Beside the time, size has the very same issue...

Joerg