Re: fsck seg fault failure on vmware -i386?

rhialto%falu.nl@localhost (Rhialto) writes:

>> I wonder if it has something to do with shared libs.  Can you try
>> /rescue/fsck_ffs ?

>#0  0xbbb3c55e in asctime_r () from /lib/libc.so.12
>
>Given the crash in asctime_r(), could it be something with missing
>timezone files? /etc/localtime is a symlink to /usr/share/zoneinfo/...

asctime() (and others) may return NULL nowadays. The sequence
in fsck_ffs/inode.c:pinode()

        p = ctime(&t);
        printf("MTIME=%12.12s %4.4s ", &p[4], &p[20]);

might crash if the inode timestamp is 'invalid'.

                                Michael van Elst
Internet: mlelstv%serpens.de@localhost