Re: status for Marvell Orion support

On Sun, Jan 24, 2010 at 11:06:21AM +1300, Mark Davies wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 16, 2009, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
> > On Sun, Mar 15, 2009 at 01:34:28AM +0100, Havard Eidnes wrote:
> > > of course right after I had sent off my note, the machine
> > > panic'ed while checking out pkgsrc with
> > >
> > > panic: atastart: channel waiting for irq
>
> > This would look like splbio() not doing its job
>
> I'm trying to get a kurobox pro going with a current -current and the most
> recent patch set from kiyohara and I'm still seeing this panic.  Any
> suggestions how to track it down?

The problem is in the md code. What IDE controller is it; does it use
a MD attachement, or does it sit on a ISA or PCI bus ?

I can see 3 possible cause:
- splbio() doesn't block the IDE controller interrupt
- the MD wdc backend (if there is one) doesn't call MI code at the
  right IPL level, or doesn't install the interrupt handler with the
  right IPL level
- the MD interrupt system doesn't call the handler at the right
  IPL level.

You could add some MD code to assert that the IPL level is at bio or
above (IPL_BIO is IPL_VM these days). Then use this in various
MI wdc code to assert that we're called at the right IPL.