Problem building due to missing kmodule script

I've been seeing this for awhile, but have been lazy in asking about it, since it's easy to work around. :-) My builds (using build.sh) have been failing on amd64 with:

Creating text.tgz
--- do-comp ---
pax: Unable to access ./usr/libdata/ldscripts/kmodule (No such file or directory
)
*** [do-comp] Error code 1
1 error
nbmake: stopped in /nbu/source/netbsd/src/distrib/sets

This is for builds started by:

===> build.sh command: ./build.sh -j 4 -M obj.amd64 -D /nbu/data/scotte/netbsd_b uild/amd64/destdir -T /nbu/data/scotte/netbsd_build/amd64/tooldir -R /nbu/data/s
cotte/netbsd_build/amd64/releasedir release

If I move the kmodule script into $DESTDIR, then run a 'sets' build, everything appears to succeed (yay for mailing list archives for the clue!), but I can't see why it isn't getting put into the right place to begin with.

Clues?

        ScottE