Re: Support for 4KB sectors size disk ?

On Sun, Jan 10, 2010 at 04:45:24PM -0500, Arnaud Lacombe wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I quickly asked on IRC, but didn't get an answer. Do we have native
> support for disk with 4KB sector size in non 512B-legacy mode ? These
> disks start to be available in retail (in particular the WD Green
> series with cache of 64M) and are quite attractive.

Does windows support these disks ?
Are they bootable ? If so where does the boot code sit ?

In which case what does the MBR partition information look like ?
Especially when there are extended partitions ?

We can't decide you to partition and label these disks until the
answers to the above are known.

Some of the above may be determinable from USB memory sticks
that have 2k sectors.  But windows doesn't like putting multiple
partitions on those.

        David

--
David Laight: david%l8s.co.uk@localhost