Re: GENERIC kernel "modules" implementation info?

On Tue, 22 Dec 2009 10:38:11 +0900
Masao Uebayashi <uebayasi%tombi.co.jp@localhost> wrote:

> > See above. You can also use the "MONOLITHIC" kernel (configuration).
>
> I'd propose to rename MONOLITHIC to RESCUE.  This should sound like Windows'
> "safe mode" to users.

Contrary to minimal rescue systems full of drawbacks, MONOLITHIC is
fully functional, though (not for use in marginal situations only).  I
however wouldn't mind for the name, unless after being named RESCUE it
begins to eventually get stripped to a minimal install/rescue-only
kernel.

Thanks,
--
Matt