IPv6 default route

Hi,

Why does this fail?

ROOT www:~> route add -inet6 default -interface gif0
route: gif0: bad value

ROOT www:~> ifconfig gif0
gif0: flags=8051<UP,POINTOPOINT,RUNNING,MULTICAST> mtu 1280
        tunnel inet xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx --> yyy.yyy.yyy.yyy
        inet6 fe80::bbbb:bbbb:bbbb:bbbb%gif0 ->  prefixlen 64 scopeid 0x27

route(8) says

     If the destination is directly reachable via an interface requiring no
     intermediary system to act as a gateway, the -interface modifier should
     be specified; the gateway given is the address of this host on the common
     network, indicating the interface to be used for transmission.

I can manually configure my default gateway like this, however, I'd avoid this method if possible because it won't work if my next hop's link-local address changes...

ROOT www:~> route add -inet6 default fe80::aaaa:aaaa:aaaa:aaaa%gif0
add net default: gateway fe80::aaaa:aaaa:aaaa:aaaa%gif0

Martti