Re: sysinst split project - The Configuration File

On Wed, Nov 25, 2009 at 03:54:46PM +0100, Martin Husemann wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 25, 2009 at 08:44:06AM -0500, matthew sporleder wrote:
> > Couldn't you save yourself some trouble by using a property list (
> > proplib(3) ) as the format?
>
> Please keep it easily user-editable.

Thank you for the tip Matthew and Martin. I've heard about proplib, but
never used that. I quickly searched for it on the internet and found
that NetBSD has a very good implementation of it.

It seems it implements a lot of data structures that we would have to
implement "from the ground" (I hope this English idiom is right) and it
is used on some utilities, like ifconfig, as I found in
opengrok.netbsd.org.

Yeah, that is a very good tip, thank you very much. Of course we can't
use its import/export to/from files feature, since, if I saw it
correctly, it works with XML, which is not "editor-friendly" :-)

Thank you.

--
Silas Silva